2. Take a moment to thank YOURSELF for making an extraordinary step in the direction of health and vibrancy by using (or considering ordering!) SkinFood products.
3. You might notice that they don’t look like your standard department store fare. You might see a speck of vanilla bean, slight variations in the shade of creamy white in the cream, a little lumpiness from the butters, or a tiny separation of the clay from the oils in the masks. Don’t panic! This is NORMAL and it is completely okay. No WAIT. It is better than okay – because here in front of you, you can see there are no artificial emulsifiers creating the illusion of “perfect”. There are no plastic stabilizers making the same homogenous consistency that you have come to expect. It is a part of the craft of hand-made skincare.
4. Next, take the time to wash your hands really well before using these products. You don’t want to introduce any germs into these little jars. They have many thoughtful natural preservatives and they will work to keep microbials at bay. But please be on the safe side and handle with care and consideration.
5. Most SkinFood products contain butters and therapeutic oils. It is a miracle worker and has many huge benefits for our bodies – inside and out. Not only does it moisturize, but it is has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties. It is rich in fatty acids that help replenish your skin. It is also temperature sensitive – so you might notice some shift in consistency depending on temp. Looks a little liquid? No problem, throw it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes! Cold – and looks a little solid? Let it come up to temp in a comfortable indoor environment or simply warm product in the palm of your hand before applying. Either way, the products will still work beautifully.
6. Start with the tiniest pea sized amount; these are DENSE with rich, nutrient intense ingredients and you might be surprised by how far a tiny bit will go. Warm the cleanser or moisturizer between your hands before applying to maximize absorption. Let it soak in! Give it a few days, and start to adjust amounts as you see fit. You know your skin best – do what is right for you!
7. Refrigeration of our products is NOT REQUIRED to preserve the product from spoiling. Keeping your products refrigerated is not required, but you will experience enhanced results if kept in a cooler environment – the function is to extend the potency and efﬁcacy of the raw ingredients. The result will be a much superior and potent product that will deliver the peak nutrients that your cells require for optimum rejuvenation. Please try to use the creams, face serum, masks and cleansers within 6 months and the toners and balms within 12 months.
8. What should I expect if this is my first time using natural products?
Since our products are made from ingredients derived from plants, there can be slight variations in the scent, texture and depth of colour between the same product. This is normal. Many people find that switching to a natural skin care regime will immediately improve the clarity of their skin, for others the process is slightly more involved. Cutting out synthetic chemicals from your skin care regime is like cutting out processed food from your diet, it sends your body into a detox process. When switching to all natural skin care there can be a period of time in which your skin is detoxing from the synthetic and toxic ingredients that were present in the old products. Some irritation in the form of breakouts, increased oiliness and/or dry skin may occur. Be patient, watch carefully and know that through the use of an all natural regime you skin will ultimately find its balance and radiate good health.
9. The raw beauty magic happens in the Durban, South Africa. We handcraft premium quality skincare products in small batches daily. Our products deliver real results because we use the purest and most potent raw and organic super foods available.
– Experience a higher level of nourishing your skin.